Sunday, June 1, 2008

T at 3 1/2

I try to have Taylor "model" for me when I do my monthly shoots and every once in a while I get lucky...she's not the most cooperative when I pull out the camera!






Some fun facts about Taylor at 3 1/2:
is sassy, but sweet; so super bright, talks in complete paragraphs, will break into song or monologue with no warning (then we get to try and figure out what movie she is reciting!), still loves animals (some new ones she's learned recently are Eastern Spangled Fritillary Butterfly and Water Dragon), loves to learn anything, can count to 100 with some help, knows when words rhyme, knows countless words for each letter (can list a food, instrument, animal, etc for each letter), knows each section of the orchestra and what instument are in which one (and will quickly correct you when you are wrong!), can do "plus one" addition...1+27= 28, and lots more. We just try to keep her busy since learning seems to be her thing...when she starts liking something (like dinosaurs) we rush to the library and find all kinds of books to just fill her little mind. She can now identify and name Brontosaurus, Brachiosaurus, T-Rex, Triceratops (her fav), & Iguanadon. I think it's so funny that my Girly Girl likes dinosaurs! She hates to be dirty, detests bugs (but knows lots of them!) and pretty much doesn't like anything boyish...except dinosaurs! But despite all of this...still is NOT potty-trained! Taylor could give a flip about this potty business...she thinks it is boring and highly over-rated. It's exciting the first few times and then loses all of its interest. And believe me, we've tried it all! But my pediatrician assured me that she will eventually get it...her daughter was not potty-trained until 4 1/2 and is now at Harvard...so we have hope!
Some funny things she has said lately:
"There's a baby sister in my belly...and she wants to come out."
Called her bikini her "zucchini"
Sits on the potty for 2 seconds, doesn't go, then says "Oh well, I tried."
When I told her we were going to see Disney Princesses on Ice said "I'm going to ice skate with the princesses...it's my chance!" (We lasted appr. 3 minutes at the show...she got scared and we had to leave. :0( )
Told me she wants to have her birthday party in Antartica so we can swim and look at animals.
Saw pictures of herself and said "Hey look at me! I'm a cool little furball!" (from Stanley on Playhouse Disney)...
we never know what's going to come out of her mouth!
Taylor is in physical therapy once a week...she is doing well with her leg...she still walks on her toes, but her muscle is well stretched out so it's ok. We try to discourage it but she really won't stop doing it until she starts caring that she doesn't walk like the other kids. So for now, our main goal is just to keep that leg stretched out.
That's all for now!

No comments: